Since we are still getting to know each other, I thought it would be fun to tell you 12 things about me that you might find interesting. Or maybe you won't, but either way you are about to know 12 more things about me than you didn't 5 minutes ago :)
1) I played soccer in college. I have a love-hate relationship with this. College soccer taught me so much about myself, but it was also one of the darkest times of my life. Ultimately, I am thankful for the opportunity that I had and that my school was paid for so we will just leave it at that.
2) My favorite movie in the whole world is Last of the Mohicans. Don't even get me started on the soundtrack...it. is. MAGICAL. My dad and I started watching it together on a lot of our daddy-daughter dates when I was in 7th grade, so there is also some major nostalgia involved. But it's also just the best movie of all time.
3) I am a dreamer, not a doer. I am in a constant internal struggle with myself because I get these (at least what I think are) great ideas that I am terrible at following through on. I am convinced that this is one of the reasons God blessed me with JT. He believes in me AND pushes me to make all my grand ideas a reality.
4) Discipleship is my favorite. I love being discipled and I love being the discipler. God's word is a deep well. Seriously, it's infinite. I encourage you to spend time swimming in it (see what I did there), on your own and in community. Grasp a hold of the sweetness of knowing and being known by Christ.
5) Curry makes dreams come true. Curry soup, curry chicken, curry everything.
6) Take me to the fresh air, the scent of pine, and a nice mountain view and I am one happy lady. I lived in Colorado several years ago and worked as an intern for several church plants. It was there I realized how great the great outdoors actually are. That summer I hiked my first fourteener, bought my first backpacking bag (I had no idea what I was doing and accidentally bought a men's large frame), and learned how to cook over an open flame. It was life changing. For anyone who has never climbed a mountain, I highly encourage you to do so. It's really great.
7) I have a predictable obsession with plants. I think last time I counted I was up to 28, and I love each one of my plant babies as if they were pets. Or children. Totally normal, right? Also, I haven't killed one in over 2 years, which should count for something.
8) I met my husband on Instagram. Yay Instagram!
9) Over the last 2 years I have turned into a coffee snob. This can be blamed on my husband, because he taught me that there are ways to make coffee that don't include a Keurig.
10) I am a major animal lover. If I had my way we would own like 11 dogs, 5 cats, and a few birds and rabbits. But for now we have our 2 rescue pups - Zooey, who is a 4 year old collie/aussie mix and the smartest pup around and Alyosha who is a 1 year old German shepherd mix and a lover of all people. We call them our adventure pups because they love camping and hiking with us and do so well out on the trails. They are also GREAT cuddlers so we feel like we really hit the jackpot. Everyone should rescue in my opinion!
11) I am from an extremely tight knit family - my mom and dad have been an instrumental part in helping to shape me to be the woman I am today. I also married in to the best family in the world, so I am one very lucky and loved girl. JT and I are constantly reflecting on how blessed we are in this way.
12) I am an extroverted introvert. I love my people and I also love my quiet, self reflection time. I need both to function.